SFP & FM

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Summer Goals for 2005

Summer has finally reached the campus of Winona State, thus marking the end of my freshman year of college. I’m afraid that this will be my last entry as a first year college student. This past year has been an enjoyable experience and I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting new people and partaking in many adventures here in the city of Winona, it is my hope that we will still remain in touch through out the summer and next year. When I first started this blog back in January I have never envisioned this to last this long and to be such fun way to maintain my sanity. Thank you very much for taking the time to visit Stick Figure Pirates & Flying Monkeys and I hope you still come back during the summer as well as next year. Being that I do not have adequate access to a high speed internet connection this summer, I will be forced to update this blog about twice a week, instead of my daily goal of updating. This summer will be spent enjoying life at Caribou as well as working, please feel free to get in touch with me to enjoy mochas together. Do not fear though, I have a drafted a loose list of goals for the summer:

1. Present my water skiing proposal to the city of Lake City.

Today I sent another letter to Lake City after not hearing from them for a month since their original response.

City of Lake City
205 W. Center Street
Lake City, MN 55041

City of Lake City-

Thank you very much for the rapid response after I sent my second letter regarding my 24 hour water skiing proposal on Lake Pepin. I am very pleased that this important proposal was forwarded to the local chamber of commerce and I ask that they consider the numerous benefits my proposal can bring to Lake City.

Just in case you can not remember my proposal I shall give you a short synopsis. After passing through Lake City numerous times en route to Winona State University I have noticed that Lake City, the proclaimed birthplace of water skiing, does not feature anyone water skiing on Lake Pepin. Bewildered by this notion I have designed a plan that will feature water skiers on Lake Pepin 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in order to retain the legitimacy of Lake City’s claim as the birthplace of water skiing. I would like to use the city of New Salem, North Dakota as an example of municipal government accountability. If you are not aware New Salem, ND is the home of the World’s Largest Cow “New Salem Sue.” New Salem’s claim as the home of the World’s Largest Cow is legitimate due to the fact you can see the 32 foot tall cow from any vantage point of the city, especially from the main highway that services New Salem, Interstate 94. This is not the case in regards to Lake City, where you can not see any water skiers on Lake Pepin. I am aware that Lake City does hold an annual festival featuring water skiing, but I am afraid that it is the popular opinion of a vast number of my colleagues at Winona State and the state of Minnesota abroad that this is merely not enough to support Lake City’s claim as the birthplace water skiing. My proposal will produce nothing but positive benefits for the great city of Lake City and will reinforce the title as birthplace of water skiing. If any officials in the Lake City government would like to meet with me to discuss further details of my plan I will be happy to come to Lake City and meet with officials and address any concerns that may arise. I ask that you please contact me at my new summer office address which is on the top of this letter to set up any meetings. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to phasing in this great proposal to improve the already great city of Lake City.

Sincerely,
Jared Stene
Student

If you would like to send your own letter to Lake City, let me know and I can help you out! You can see my first letter by clicking on the link under “Posts of Fame.”

2. Obtain another pair of bowling shoes for school year 05-06.


The current condition of my bowling shoes.Posted by Hello

As you can see, I need another pair of bowling shoes. This summer I will some how obtain another pair because bowling shoes are comfortable and very fashionable. Note to Dunn- I’ll need you’re help again for this mission.

3. Survive the Red State Penetration Mission 2005 trip.


The Red State of North Dakota Posted by Hello

For my July 4 holiday I was recently informed that I will be going to the state of North Dakota. In the past two presidential elections North Dakota went to GW Bush, thus making it a Red State. As many of you have noticed I am a very much a Democrat so it will be hard for me to visit ND. This is why I have declared this trip to North Dakota as Stick Figure Pirates & Flying Monkeys’ Red State Penetration Mission 2005. I will document and blog my experiences in North Dakota as I travel deep into the redness while maintaining my Democrat ideals and promoting them. Many of you will feel concerned for my personal safety, but please do not be afraid for my life for I am confident that my short distance sprinting ability will buy my a safe window of about 10 seconds. So stick around in July for Red State Penetration Mission 2005!

I’m sure I will do more and experience more this summer, but this is just a short list of goals I have for Summer 05. To my high school friends: LET THE BRU HA HA COMMENCE!

Bushism: "We expect the states to show us whether or not we're achieving simple objectives- like literacy, literacy in math, the ability to read and write." -on federal education requirements, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

Link of the Day: The Official New Salem Sue Website. Take a virtual tour of the world's largest cow that resides in North Dakota. You can take a 360 degree tour of the area; note the flatness of the surroundings.

3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are ALSO going to party with me and kate at our friends apartment!!! do not forget that!!
~lara

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost taste the BRU HA HAING now!

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to miss reading your blog daily. Oh well, I guess I will have to learn to make two entries a week suffice. -Barry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home