SFP & FM

Monday, April 11, 2005

LAKE CITY RESPONDS!

After sending a second letter last week, the City of Lake City has finally responded to my proposal that I first sent them about 4 weeks ago. Click here to read the letter I sent. To sum up to those of you who haven't been up to date with my great idea, basically Lake City claims that they are the "Birthplace of Waterskiing" but each time I pass through the place no one seems to be water skiing. Basically I felt that I was being lied to and suggested to them that there needs to be someone water skiing on the lake 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. I have more details in the letter I sent, you can click on the link above to view that.


The letter from City of Lake City. Posted by Hello

Lake City's response:
April 4, 2005

Dear Mr. Stene:

Thank you for your letter regarding your suggestion for water skiing on Lake Pepin. I am forwarding your letter to our local chamber of commerce for their review.

Sincerely.
Ron Johnson
City Administrator

Finally, the world can now be a better place due to the fact that Lake City has taken the steps necessary to listen and consider my great proposal.

For those of you who haven't seen Lake City, I have provided you with the following pictures that depict the city. These were taken on my way to the Twins home opener from a coach bus.


Picture of Lake Pepin on Friday, April 8, 2005 at 4:34 pm. There were not water skiiers present. Posted by Hello

Evidence to their self proclaimed title of "Birthplace of Waterskiing"


Banners that line the streets of Lake City. Posted by Hello


Part of a mural painted on the side of a building in downtown Lake City. Posted by Hello

Now that I got a response I look forward to working with the great people that work for the City of Lake City to improve their town, and perhaps all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home