SFP & FM

Friday, March 04, 2005

Civil Defense


Cat is reminded to "Duck & Cover" by Burt the Turtle.Posted by Hello

Ocho showed me this picture yesterday. Why is this funny to me? I think it's because its late and large amounts of caffeine. I was reminded of the "Duck and Cover" movie that was made back in the 1950's to instruct kids of what to do in a nuclear attack.
"Remember kids, when you see the flash, duck and cover, and do it fast!"
Of course we all know that by ducking and covering ourselves we are protected from being vaporized from a 200 kiloton nuclear weapon. Interested in watching the Duck and Cover video? You can find it in QuickTime format here. It's probably the best quality streaming video I could find on the internet.

MARTHA STEWART IS FREE! Well, just when you thought it was safe to watch "high quality reality tv" (bullshit), Martha Stewart comes back from prison to torture us again with her tv show. I heard that the first episode's title will be titled "Prison: Be Someone's Bitch or Make Someone Your Bitch" Looking forward to the recipes that come out that one.

Let's see what else was in the news, oh yeah, some rich guy few an airplane solo around the world non-stop. I actually watched his landing on CNN, it was interesting but in the end one must ask themselves this: Does anyone really give a shit if some rich mofo flies an airplane around the world? The reason I watched the landing is because I wanted to see if the guy screws up and like lands/crashes like 100 ft from the runway. Now that would be hilarious! The headlines would be this if that happened: "Billionare Fucks Up And Lands 100 ft Short of Flying Around the World" With my luck something like that would happen to me if I tried to fly around the world. It'd play out like this:
Mission Control: Now Jared, you're almost there buddy! Don't screw this up and pay attention!
Pilot Jared: Roger that Control, I'm A-OK for landing!...Hey is that a Caribou Coffee off the port wing?! OH SHIT! I accidentally let go of the controls, and I think I landed. DAMNIT!
Mission Control: Way to go dipshit, you're a natural Charles Lindburgh.

Bushism: "We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor just like you like to be liked yourself." - Financial Times; January 14, 2000

Today's Exciting but Mundane Activity Jared Did: Went to the Horatio Sanz comedy show that was here at WSU. I must say, I enjoyed it. Some people don't like improv but it's funny how absurd it gets quickly.

Link of the Day: Free Martha.org
The official organization set up to advocate for Martha Stewart. I honestly don't know what to make of this.

Ground Control to Major Tom, Ground Control to Major Tom, take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home