SFP & FM

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Brain Stew


Best picture I have ever taken. Posted by Hello

I took this picture with a lame piece of crap public education digital camera. Unlike most images on SFP & FM, this isn't modified at all. This was during the tailgating party before the Tartan High School Homecoming game, my senior year. James Havican is the person doing the back flip, and I just managed to hit the shutter release at the right point. James can literally do a flip anywhere off of anything, something I can't do. Well I can probably try it, but injure something like a knee cap.

Sorry, but you caught me on what people call "an off night." Tonight my head has been not clicking right, so in other words, lights are on but no one is home. So I'm just going to write tid bits of things I did tonight.

-Had a mocha
-Went to Wal-Mart with Chris
-Wrote an email to the fine people with the New University committee, I'll share more of this later, when they decided to respond to me. Hopefully sometime during the day on Wednesday.
-Read stuff for classes

Ok here's something, a list of my pet peeves:
-Country music
-Talking during movies (I do this sometimes, only to movies I think are of poor quality, but the times I don't talk, it gets annoying)
-People who think they can rap, even though they are from rural America. Yeah your idol is Eminem, but you failed to remember that you're not him. Also stop doing your "gangsta walk," we all know that rural Minnesota or Wisconsin isn't filled "with playas."
-Use of the cell phone in bathrooms, public or private. That's not right.
-Baristas of coffee houses that don't pack the espresso properly, you get watery espresso if you don't pack it firmly enough.
-Commercials for prescription drugs. Drug companies, please stop using expensive marketing, it just hurts all of us, plus most of us just don't care that there is another pill for impotence or heart burn. Am I the only one to notice a relation between the rise of prescription drug prices and the increased amount of advertising and marketing campaigns?

Bushism: "I thought how proud I am to be standing up beside my dad. Never did it occur to me that he would become the gist for cartoonists." -Newsweek; February 28, 2000

Today's Exciting But Mundane Activity Jared Did: Played Duck Hunt on the old school Nintendo. That game rules.

Link of the Day:
State of Minnesota Too Polite To Ask For Federal Funding

SPECIAL LINK OF THE DAY BONUS!
The Propaganda Remix Project Revamped propaganda posters from WWI & WWII changed for today's times. These things are great!

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, that picture really does bring back some memories. Like remember when those people broke into your house and didn't steal a single thing but instead threw TP all over your room and put plastic wrap and tin foil all over the car. Those jerks!

Oh, and I think if you were able to tell people that a pill could cure all of their ailments and make billions of dollars a year cause they're stupid and believe you, I guarantee you that you'd keep on marketing. Just don't fall for it yourself one day. The drug companies may be greedy ass holes, but they're damn convincing. Now, where's my TrimSpa?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home